torstai 30. kesäkuuta 2011

Culture and other fun

This week was kind of stressful. I was actually going to go dancing tonight at Clärchen's like every Thursday, but I decided to take one night off. This upcoming weekend I will have enough to do anyway. I am going to Vienna to visit my friend Alina this weekend. But first I will tell you a bit about my week.

On Monday I googled free things to do in Berlin, and I found something great. Every Monday you can visit Deutsche Guggenheim for free. So I asked my spanish co-worker Ana if she wanted to go, she was thrilled! That day it was very hot again and the way to the city was a bit tiring. When we arrived we were quit disapponted to find that the museum was inbetween exhibitions. We were one week too late... Luckily the next exhibiton will open on the 8th of July, so I will get the chance to see it.

The next evening I was invited to the birthday party from my dancing friend Thomas. The party was held in the bar Graues Kloster which I told you about earlier and we had great fun! There was a lot of people in that small bar, we had chocolate cake and sparkling wine. All in all a very nice evening with wonderful people. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to get to know such fabulous people and I sincerely hope to keep in touch with them even after I leave Berlin. Which is already in one month! Terrible how fast time goes.

Yesterday the amazing week went on. Me and my flatmate Miriam had planned to go to the theatre, well to one of the many in Berlin. The theathre is just next to the Monbijou park where I go dancing on Tuesdays. It is called Hexenkessel, which means as much as the witch's pot. It is an amphitheatre just next to the river Spree and they play comedies. The theatre is build out of wood and the stage is a beautiful three-storie stairway-like construction. I loved it! The play we saw was the Servant of Two Masters which is the most famous play by the italian playwright Carlo Coldoni. It was a great play with completely exaggerated colorful characters and energetic acting. You can read about the plot here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servant_of_Two_Masters. It was a blast! I really intend to see the two other plays that run there this summer: The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare and The Imaginary Invalid, a three-act comédie-ballet byt the French playwright Molière.

While waiting to be let into the theatre I discovered a cool van, where you could buy frozen yoghurt. The ice cream was made of sweetend natur yoghurt, there were a lot of choices for toppings and it was absolutely delicious. It was so much better than regular ice cream, it wasn't all too sweet and I chose the perfect toppings: blueberries and strawberries. The company is called Yo'Munchy and it was founded in 2010. It became extremely popular in just one season - a shooting star, like they say on their website. Like I said, they sell the frozen yoghurt from a van, changing locations frequently. I was thrilled, and I will absolutely go back to get more! Check out the website: http://www.yomunchy.com/

The weather has been playing crazy lately. I don't understand why it can't be some 24 degrees and sunny, no it is either unbearable 30 degrees or freezing 16 degrees. I've noticed by following weather forecasts that Berlin seems to be the warmest city in Germany. It's always colder everywhere else. Except for the winter. My flatmate said that it gets quite cold, even up to 20 degrees at most extreme. Which doesn't seem that much for a finn. Damn greenhouse effect.

Tomorrow I'm going to Vienna like I said. The only thing I planned is to visit the royal spanish riding school, and I am very much excited about it! Everything else will be spontaneous, but I'm sure I will have a lot to tell once I get back.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti